2 Thessalonians 3:7-8
“For you yourselves know how you ought to imitate us, because we were not idle when we were with you, nor did we eat anyone’s bread without paying for it, but with toil and labor we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you”
Here in part two we find Paul still talking to the Church. In our first session we find Paul warning us (the Believer) to not be nor become idle and to keep away from Believers who are. As we resume we find that Paul hasn’t only instructed us with mere words, but he has led by example.
- You yourselves know how you are to imitate (take or follow as a model) us. We as Believers are to live as examples.
- You never witnessed us being idle. (What are we showing those that look to us for guidance?)
- We worked for what we wanted/needed so that we wouldn’t be a burden on anyone. (As Believers we should help lighten the load not add weight to it.)
I leave you this Believers:
- Be the example others need to see.
- Don’t be idle. Do something, not just anything, but something that will be meaningful, effecting, impacting, something that will advance the Kingdom.
- Help the journey by not being a burden. Do what you can and teach others to do what they can and you’ll be surprised as to how much you guys can get done.
Peace and blessings… – jDab